A few helpful points :
- I am offering to host this blog in the hope it will be a useful service
- I will be deleting these early posts (labelled as 'intro test') or archiving them (if I can?) as what I think should be on this page is diary like entries of our ongoing activities and any related comments
- I am not sure yet what the best way is to work this in conjunction with the woolcraft@galgael google group, but methinks this blog could serve as collecting data for recording activities (via me posting first and others then add, correct, etc via the comment section), and then it could all be compiled quickly periodically into a report like the one I did before Christmas for the autumn term, and posted on the google group site (see link below)
- presently all these google facilities are by invitation only. Until we are all happy that we can go public in full, if we want to do that. I certainly would argue for that one day, as I think it is fab way of attracting people and funding...
- authors and readers: the best way to develop the site is to have us settle in as 'authors' first (I have invited you as such) which means you can create and delete anything! :-0 Then we can build up a second circle of readers (which any of you can invite!). It is up to us how we utilise this site. We can also use sponsor ads and create an income? And we could use ot for selling ourselves anyway!
- for that purpose, layout, pictures, links, - all that needs to be considered. I have tried to make a start - even with a video link to Julie Fowlis singing a spinning song last Sunday at the Celtic Connections. Love to hear feedback, suggestions etc!
- a word about 'labels': these are a super way of sorting the blog entries, and it is them that have convinced me that this here could be very useful. One can thus make entries under different categories, such as here 'intro-tests', and then may be 'history', 'events'. 'patterns', as well as 'log-book'. You can then search the blog with these labels, too.
- I really like the idea if we make a page for each one of us (on the http://groups.google.com/group/woolcraft--galgael site ?) so we can say a bit about ourselves. Likeways we can see whether Helen and Hazel would like to have a wee page? Also our 'friends and fans' could be featured: Tam, Iain, etc. And: your own websites should have links here (Verene? Anna? !! )
lets get started with the logging of activties 2008